(Effective: October 27th 2018)
- Information that we collect about you.
- Cookies and other tracking technology that we use.
- What we do with the information that we collect.
- With whom we share the information we collect.
- Our opt-out policy.
- Our policy on correcting and updating Personal Information, making a complaint about our handling of your Personal Information, and deactivation of your account.
- California Residents
- EU Residents
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information Provided by You Upon Registration. When you register for an account on a Site, we may collect the following information that allows us to identify you ("Personal Information"):
- E-mail address
- Zip/Postal Code
- Home Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Credit card number
- Billing address
- User Name
Information Provided When You Contact Us. We may collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us with a question or comment about our products and services. We generally collect one or more of the following types of Personal Information when you contact us with a question or comment or request information from us about our products and services:
- E-mail address
- Phone Number
- Purchase Order
Information Provided When You Shop. When you shop, we may collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us before or after you make a purchase in connection with marketing activities such as signing up to our newsletter. During your purchase, we may collect the following information that allows us to process your transaction:
- E-mail address
- Phone Number
- Purchase Order
- Credit card number
Information Collected From Our Partners. We may partner with our third party resellers to receive information about you, such as name and contact information. This helps us to fulfill your service requests and/or to provide you with services that may be of interest to you.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES THAT WE USE
- Beaconsis programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter
- Local Shared ObjectsLocal shared objects (or Flash cookies) are pieces of data that websites which use Adobe Flash may store on a user’s computer or device. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use local shared objects. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing local shared objects.
In addition, you may manage Flash cookies by clicking here. The above technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Sites, services and products, tracking users’ movements around the Sites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- "Do Not Track" Technology:Some newer web browsers have a "Do Not Track" preference that transmits a "Do Not Track" header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. We currently do not respond to browser "Do Not Track" signals.
- Third-Party Advertising Services: We partner with third parties that may use technologies such as cookies (and local stored objects as described above) to gather information about your activities on the Sites and elsewhere on the Internet in order to provide you with relevant advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. This type of advertising is sometimes called interest-based advertising. No personally-identifiable information is collected or used in this process.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As examples of how we may use Personal Information that we collect, we use Personal Information in the following ways:
- Information Provided by You Upon Registration and Making a Purchase Online:We may use this Personal Information to administer your access to a Site, verify your identity, and provide our products or services to you.
- Information Provided When You Contact Us: We may use this Personal Information to understand and respond to your question or comment.
- Passively Collected Information:We use passively collected information to monitor and maintain the performance of our Sites, analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services, validate users and ensure their technological compatibility with users, and optimize our marketing efforts.
- Aggregate data:We may use your Personal Information to create aggregate data which does not include any Personal Information and which cannot be used to identify you. For example, aggregate data may include data that describes the general demographics, usage or other characteristics of a Site’s users. We reserve the right to transfer and/or sell aggregate or group data about a Site’s users for lawful purposes.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We may share Personal Information with affiliated businesses.
- Service Providers.We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies ("Service Providers") to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, and hosting services. When we employ a Service Provider to perform a function of this nature, we provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, which may include Personal Information and other information that you provide to us via a Site. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Third Parties for Marketing and Other Purposes.We may share with selected third party partners, including for their direct marketing purposes (please see below for your choices related to this sharing). As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
- Legal Requirements.We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a subpoena or similar legal obligation, (b) protect and defend our rights or property, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of any Site or the public, (d) protect against legal liability, or (e) or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Business Transfers.As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, total or partial sale of assets in bankruptcy or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Sites. When you interact with content from our partners displayed on our Site, please be aware that you are providing your Personal Information to these third parties and it will be governed by their respective privacy policies.
OUR OPT-OUT POLICY
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- If you wish to not have this information collected and used for interest-based advertising, you may opt-out by clicking (http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/?pid=truste01&aid=preference_manager01&type=public) for partners that participate in the TRUSTe opt-out tool (or if located in the European Union click http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ ).
- If you wish to opt-out from this type of advertising for companies that participate in the Network Advertising Initiative, please click http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#completed.
- If you wish to opt-out from this type of advertising for companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), click http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN.
OUR POLICY ON CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DEACTIVATING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may request to access, correct, update or delete your Personal Information, or deactivate your account, by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com with information necessary for us to process your request. We will respond to your request to access your Personal Information within 30 days. We may need to verify your identity before granting access to Personal Information in our custody or control. Please see below regarding our retention policy.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
To request your personal information under California Law, please contact us via the following methods, using “California Privacy Rights” as the heading using the contact information below.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), this Site is intended for individuals over the age of 13 or at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside or from which you use this Service.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Nkadi LLC, 1207 Wood Hollow Dr, Apt 3301, Houston TX 77057, United States